Along the lines of thinking like a marketer mentioned in software leadership
What are the barriers to subscribing?
- Knowledge (i.e. maybe people aren't advanced enough in these skills to pay for a membership)
- Don't think there is enough relevant content (possible solution: use AI for content discovery, tag with skill level or time to completion)
- e.g. this is a beginner article, the project can be completed in 4 hours, etc.
- Feel that info is available elsewhere without the premium price tag
UX - is this an area for improvement that would help drive new members?
Site speed is a ranking factor on desktop and mobile - https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2018/01/using-page-speed-in-mobile-search.html
What is the rate of attrition for people who don't re-subscribe?
- Is there reporting to identify at-risk members to approve retention?
- How can you make sure someone gets the most out of their membership?
Can we enhance the member experience?
- Gamify (top commenter, most saved articles, earn badges for certain membership milestones)
Analyze comments with AI for overall picture of brand health
How does conversion rate differ on mobile vs. desktop vs. other social channels? How do these convert compared to a responsive website?